I propose you a tour along the less known trails, even by the mountain lovers: an ascent on Ciucas Peak having as starting/finish point Dalghiului Valley (with access from Vama Buzaului village).
CIUCAS MOUNTAINS PHOTO GALLERY:
- Tour Duration: 3 days.
- Group Size: 2-6 persons (on request, it’s possible making arrangements for larger groups).
- Specialty Category: Hiking&Trekking/Sightseeing.
- Difficulty: T3 – Challenging Hiking
- Airfare included: No
- Tour Customizable: Yes
- Price: upon request
- Package includes:
- all transfers from/to Brasov;
- guided tour of Saxon fortified church from Prejmer (entrance fees included);
- visiting the Buffalo reservation from Vama Buzaului village (entrance fees included);
- 2 nights accommodation in 3* guesthouse (shared double room) with full board;
- guiding services (professional licensed mountain guide, fluent in English);
I will pick you up from your hotel/guesthouse in Brasov and we’ll drive to Vama Buzaului. On route, we will stop for a while for visiting the Saxon fortified church from Prejmer. Built during the XIII century, initially by Teutonic knights and completed by Cistercians, it is the only church from Transylvania having a Greek cross plan, being on the list of UNESCO World Heritage.
After lunch, we’ll drive to Vama Buzaului where, after checkin, we’ll walk a little bit along the narrow streets of the village.
Next morning, after an early breakfast (it’s going to be a long hiking day) we’ll have a transfer by car to the higher part of Dalghiului Valley. From here, we’ll start our ascent along Plaiul Domnesc to Ciucas Saddle.
After reaching this point, we’ll enter soon into the alpine area, close to the rocks known as Ciucas Twins and Devil’s Hand. If we’ll have good visibility, we’ll enjoy some great views and we’ll take excellent pics. The next step will be the steepest part of our ascent, that will lead us directly to the Ciucas Peak (1954m.), the prize of the day.
From here, we’ll descent to Tigailor Saddle, where we can admire The Goliath Tower, and, further on, to Tesla Glade. Once arrived here, we’ll carry on descending back to Dalghiului Valley for meeting the car that will transfer us to the guesthouse. Once arrived here we’ll enjoy a well deserved dinner and rest.
During the last day of the tour, after breakfast, we’ll have an enjoyable pleasant walk to Urlatori (the name of the waterfalls located near the Southern edge of the village).
After returning to the guesthouse, we’ll be prepared for driving back to Brasov. But not before visiting a local producer of cow milk cheese and the Buffalo’s Reservation.