- This event has passed.
Exploring Bulgaria and Greece – Ascent on Musala, Vihren and Myticas Summits
June 17, 2016 - June 26, 2016550euro
The top of the highest summits of the Balkan Peninsula is led by Musala (2925m), followed closely by Myticas (2918m) and Vihren (2914m). During our expedition, we’ll try reaching all of them and, at the end, we’ll relax for a few days on the shore of the Aegean See.
The cost of the expedition includes:
- all transfers by vehicle (with all expenses included – fuel, road tolls, parking fees);
- 2 nights accommodation at Villa Ibar (Borovet) – place in double room with breakfast included;
- 2 nights accommodation at Saint George Palace Hotel (Bansko) – place in double room with breakfast included;
- 1 night accommodation at Mirto Hotel (Litochoro) – place in double room with breakfast included;
- 1 night accommodation at Refuge A (Spilios Agapitos);
- 3 nights accommodation at Marie Claire Studios (Olympiaki Akti) – place in double room;
- costs of the touristic assistance provided by a licensed mountain guide/tour leader (with all expenses included);
- rental of the specific climbing equipment (where necessary) and trekking poles;
The cost of the expedition DOESN’T include:
- meals, other than mentioned above;
- visiting fees of the touristic objectives on route (on your request and ONLY if we still have some available time);
- the cost of the ticket for the gondola Borovet – Yastrebets;
- other expenses that are nor mentioned as being included;
Number of participants: 3 (accompanied by a fully qualified licensed mountain guide).
Deadline for bookings: June 8, 2016.
Your place is confirmed only after the payment of 30% deposit, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
Day 1 (June 17, 2016): Transfer by car on route Brasov – Bucharest – Ruse – Borovets (distance – 635 km). Accommodation provided in Borovets.
Day 2 (June 18, 2016): Ascent on Musala Summit (2925m). After breakfast, we’ll get the gondola to Yastrebets (the higher station of the gondola is located at an altitude of 2369m), and from here we’ll follow the classic route to the summit (via Musala hut – 2389m). Accommodation provided in Borovets.
Day 3 (June 19, 2016): Transfer by car on route Borovets – Rila monastery – Bansko ( distance – 200 km). Being a “recovery” day, on route we’ll have a short stop for visiting Rila Orthodox Monastery, the biggest and the most popular one in Bulgaria. Accommodation provided in Bansko.
Day 4 (June 20, 2016): Ascent on Vihren Summit (2914m). Accommodation in Bansko.
Day 5 (June 21, 2016): Transfer by car on route Bansko – Litochoro (distance – 305 km). Accommodation provided in Litochoro.
Day 6 (June 22, 2016): Today we’ll start our ascent in Olympus Mountains. After breakfast, we’ll drive to Prionia (where we’ll leave the car) and we’ll start hiking to Refuge A (Spilios Agapitos), that is at an altitude of 2100 m. Here we’ll have our accommodation for the following night.
Day 7 (June 23, 2016): Ascent on Myticas Summit (2918m). Early in the morning, we’ll start our hike (with the right pace) to Skala Summit (2866m). From here, after enjoying all around views, we’ll have the pretty difficult traverse to Myticas Summit. In the afternoon, we’ll descend back to Prionia and further, by car, to Olympiaki Akti where we’ll have provided the accommodation for the following 3 nights.
Day 8-9 (June 24-25, 2016): Relaxing days on the shore of Aegean See (Olympiaki Akti resort).
Day 10 (June 26, 2016): Return to Romania on route Olympiaki Akti – Sofia – Ruse – Bucharest – Brașov (distance: 955 km).